Marketing metrics are the values with which the marketing tools reach the consumer or user, and their costs can be calculated. Since numerical values are used in all of these values, there is no subjective measurement.
Metric means the measurement of numerical values. Of course, there are certain metric values in traditional or physical marketing, but since these values require serious field research to provide comprehensive and precise results as in digital marketing, measurement of marketing metrics in the past was a work that could only be done by very large companies.
Today, even the simplest marketing activity in digital environments can be easily measured and turned into a report. The analysis of these reports is also done with digital hardware and software, and the planning of the most accurate marketing process can be done easily.
1. Lifetime Value (LTV): Metric values obtained as long as your customers use your product or service.
2. Bounce Rate: These are the metric values created by users who leave without interacting after entering your website. With these metric values, you can identify the areas on your site that you need to improve.
3. Referral Traffic: These are the metric values created by users coming to your website or online store from external sources, especially social media.
4. Engagement: One of the main metrics in social media, refers to user interaction with your posts and campaigns.
5. Watch Time: Metric values that show how long your video promotion and marketing arguments you create on your digital assets are watched.
6. Cost Per View (CPV): These are metric values that measure your cost per view of the ads you spend for your campaigns and shares, both on Youtube and other digital platforms.
7. Unsubscribe Rate: Metric values that show the rate of users unfollowing or unfollowing you on your digital profiles.
8. Conversions: In digital marketing, it is the metric value created by a user passing through the conversion funnel. Reactions such as downloading content, downloading an app, filling out a form, or making a purchase show conversion rate.
On the way to 2023, the metrics and digital marketing metrics that you should pay attention to the most this year are the values that can be measured in different areas.
• Conversion (sales) metrics
• Website metrics
• Social media metrics
• Ad metrics
• Customer relationship management metrics
• Campaign-specific metrics
Subcategories of metric values can be examined in many different classifications. Although some sources list some values in the form of SEO metrics, we will not use this metric classification because the concept of SEO covers all metric values. So, for example, watching and subscribing to values on Youtube have an SEO effect. Likewise, if your page gets a lot of views, the viewing rate of the video you will publish here will be included in the number of Youtube views. In other words, almost every element except the paid advertisements that you will measure can be defined as an SEO metric.
Conversion metrics are metrics based on non-pure overall measurements and final values. This metric measures how much a product or service is sold during a certain period. However, a metric such as total sales volume alone cannot be used as a stand-alone marketing metric. These values should be compared with other metric values of costs and marketing activities performed.
Conversion metrics aren’t just for eCommerce. Even if a service is not sold online, it is possible to calculate conversion metrics based on sales values. To do this, both the values of physical sales and the website and other digital activity values need to be considered together.
There are different types of metric values for both eCommerce sites and other sites. These metrics are mainly as follows.
• Total page visits: Refers to the total number of visits to the page, regardless of unique or returning users.
• Number of unique visits: Shows the number of unique visitors to the site for the first time.
• Number of returning visits: shows the status of users who have visited your site before, re-entering your site.
• Pageviews: It is the metric that shows the number of individual pages viewed by users and the total number of page views.
• Session Duration: Shows the total time users spent on your site
• Time on page: Shows how many times a single page is viewed by users.
• Number of page views per session: It is the value that shows how many pages each visitor to your site has viewed.
• Bounce rate: It shows the rate at which users who enter your site by any means leave your site in a very short time.
• Number of exits and rate: This metric can be measured by which page a user who visits more than one page on your site exits after.
• Subscriptions: If your site has a subscription option, you can see the subscriber values here.
• Social media clicks: You can measure social media outlets here.
• Downloads: If you are hosting downloadable content, you can measure these values.
• Linking rate: Email or contact form clicks are included in these values.
• Traffic Sources: These are the metric values that show which users come to your site from which sources.
• Keyword average ranking value: A metric provided by the search engine, showing your current average position.
• Inbound links: It is the metric value that shows the inbound links to your site and their number.
• Page Performance: It is a metric that provides a percentage value about your site’s speed and user experience.
Although it is difficult to measure metrically, brand awareness is one of the most important analysis values. This value needs to be analyzed to increase both SEO valuations and conversion rate and brand loyalty. The metrics on the site do not give this value. This requires the use of specialized research tools.
Analysis of competitors is extremely important in determining the strategy to be established in digital marketing. In particular, data such as traffic and traffic sources are extremely important scales in SEO applications.
Social media metrics are important values in planning social media marketing activities and measuring brand awareness. These are mainly;
• Number of Likes
• Number of Shares
• Total Reach
• Total Impressions
Social media metrics are values that should be examined both per post and in total. With the analysis of these values, long-term social media planning and SEO contribution calculations can be made.
In your social media works, you will also get good prestige from your target audience to protect your posts against spam comments and to take precautions accordingly. At this point, you can protect your posts using a tool like Socialays. Categorizing the post comments as negative, positive, neutral, spam and malicious protects your posts by hiding negative and hate speech spam comments.
Accurate analysis of ad metrics is extremely important for ad optimization, which has a direct impact on the cost factor, and for measuring the total benefit of ads. According to a study, if 50 percent or more of your ad gets an impression for one or two seconds, it means that the ad has been seen.
By measuring ad metrics, it is possible to evaluate the benefit of the ad and optimize it. In addition, metric evaluations are required to calculate advertising costs. These metrics are as follows.
• Click-through rate: It is the value obtained by dividing the total number of views of the ad by the number of clicks. It is possible to measure the attractiveness of the advertisement in this way. Its abbreviation is too.
• Cost Per Click: It is the value by which the individual cost of each ad is measured.
• Total Cost is the total cost you spend per campaign.
• Estimated Conversion: Expresses the projection of the conversion of a click into a sale.
• Total Clicks: You can see how many people clicked on your ad or campaign.
• Demographic Analysis: It is possible to access information such as age, gender, and location in both ad metrics and non-ad metrics. This allows you to find out if your work is truly reaching your target audience.
Marketing cannot continue without measurement and analysis, both in digital media and in the traditional sense. In this regard, it is necessary to measure and evaluate metric values precisely.
For this, you should install metric measurement tools on your sites, carefully examine the metric values of the platforms you advertise and check your social media insights.
With the right measurement, analysis and evaluation, you can reach the peak of your digital marketing performance. Of course, it is also possible to work with expert marketing teams for this.
In the fast-paced world of search engine optimization (SEO), productivity is the key to success.…
Knowing your customer is essential to the success of any business. Market research helps you…
You all know that the marketing world is evolving every second; the cream of the…
Whether you are launching your new engraving business or refreshing your current one, you are…
Content creators are treated with another Google Search Console upgrade. This time, you’ll see insights…
In 2023, we may take mobile-friendly sites as a given. But in 2015, when Google…