Reddit is a user-driven news aggregator allowing people to share links and stories on various topics. It was founded by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian and is currently owned by Advance Publications.
Reddit has been around since 2005 and has grown into one of the most influential websites in the world. In fact, it’s currently ranked as the 12th-most popular site in the United States.
But here’s the thing: When most people think of Reddit, they don’t generally think of marketing. However, the reality is that Reddit is a great place to market your company and meet new customers.
One of the world’s most highly trafficked websites, it is undoubtedly a powerful platform.
And in this article, we will go through two main Reddit marketing strategies you can use to market your products, ways to get Redditor’s attention and more.
Reddit has been around for a while, but its marketing potential still needs to be discovered. However, there are still many advantages to marketing on Reddit. Here are just a few:
1. Reddit has more than 330 million active users each month and ranks as one of the top websites in terms of traffic and user engagement. That makes it an excellent platform for sharing content with your target audience and growing your brand awareness online.
2. Redditors are highly engaged, so they’re often quick to respond when you ask them questions or want their feedback on something.
3. The site uses upvoting/downvoting. The upvoting/downvoting system means that only the best content tends to rise to the top, making it easier for marketers to connect with their target audience without having their posts buried by spam or irrelevant content.
4. You can find influencers in your industry who are active on Reddit and build relationships with them.
5. You can also use Reddit to boost organic search traffic! Reddit has a pretty solid user base, so if someone posts something about your brand online and other users upvote it, it will attract backlinks from other site owners.
Organic marketing on Reddit is the process of creating or sharing content that is relevant to your target audience. When you do this, users who enjoy the content will share it with others in the community, which can help increase your brand’s exposure.
It is free and can also yield better results for a more extended period compared to paid advertising.
But keep in mind that the best way to get started with organic marketing on Reddit is to have a good understanding of the platform and its users. You need to know what you’re doing to save time and see results.
In order to succeed with Reddit organic marketing, you need to know the following four things:
1. Set up a subreddit for your brand: The first step to marketing on Reddit is to create a subreddit for your brand. This will be the hub for all your content and business discussion. This way, when someone Googles something related to your business, they’ll find a page full of relevant information.
2. Post original content: This can include blog posts, infographics and videos that provide value for readers and help them learn more about your industry or niche.
3. Participate in discussions: This is one of the best ways to market on Reddit because it allows you to get involved in conversations with people who may be interested in your product or service. There are several subreddits dedicated to specific industries, including r/entrepreneur, r/marketing and r/startups. Subscribe to these subreddits and read their content to start engaging with them.
4. Host a Reddit AMA: Ask Me Anything (AMA) posts are popular on Reddit because they allow people to interact with someone interesting and learn about them at the same time. Anyone can host an AMA; make sure you choose a topic that aligns with your brand’s core values or mission statement so you don’t come across as spammy or self-promotional.
Reddit is a community-driven platform where users vote for content to be seen first. On Reddit, the most viral content rises to the top and becomes more popular. For advertisers, it’s an opportunity to get in front of highly engaged audiences while they’re reading relevant content.
When you create an ad campaign on Reddit, you choose where your ad appears based on your target audience’s location, interests and subreddits.
Your ad will appear whenever someone in that audience visits the site or loads a related subreddit.
Advertising options include:
Promoted posts: Brands can pay to promote their posts to appear at the top of a subreddit’s recent posts list.
These posts are available only when they’re relevant to a subreddit’s specific interests (i.e., if you want your ad posted in /r/food, it must mention food) and are tagged as promoted.
Display ads: Display ads are the most common type of ad you’ll see on Reddit. They’re ideal for catching consumers’ attention searching for products and services in your industry. You will need to contact the Reddit sales team to get started with display ads.
1. To start advertising, you’ll need to create an account on the site. You can sign up by visiting www.reddit.com/login or clicking “sign up” in the upper-right corner of any page.
2. Once you have an account, you can begin creating ads by clicking on “Advertising” (the speaker icon) from the top menu bar. It will open a new window where you can fill out the required information.
3. On this page, give your campaign a name, choose your objective and then click continue.
4. Next, fill in the information about your target audiences, such as interests, communities, location and device types.
5. Choose where you want your ads to be placed and select your budget.
6. For the last set, your ad creatives mean post type, headline and destination URL. Make sure your card image meets Reddit requirements. Once done setting up all this, submit your ad for approval.
That’s it. Congrats on creating your first Reddit ad.
Undoubtedly, Reddit is an incredible resource for businesses looking to reach new audiences and engage with their customers. If you’re considering using this platform for your business, here are some tips on how to make sure your efforts are productive:
The first step is to familiarize yourself with the basics of Reddit. It’s not just about posting links and commenting on other people’s content; you can do many other things on Reddit, such as upvoting or downvoting posts, creating AMAs (Ask Me Anything) threads and more.
Read through their FAQs and familiarize yourself with common terminology.
Also, learn how Redditors communicate and interact; don’t post without understanding how their subculture works. Redditors like to interact with each other meaningfully, so make sure you’re contributing to the conversation.
There are also plenty of examples of brands that have been banned from Reddit for breaking the rules.
This is one of the most important steps when using Reddit for marketing. You need to find the right subreddit where your target audience hangs out and posts regular updates about what you’re doing.
Start with subreddits related to your industry or niche, such as /r/marketing/, /r/startups/, /r/entrepreneur/, etc., before branching out as you get more comfortable with the platform and gain more experience with it.
Redditors are very discerning regarding what they want to see in their feeds, so make sure that any content you share is high quality. This means that if you post an article with a link to your site, make sure it’s worth reading.
Include a summary of the article, so users know what they’re getting into before clicking.
You can also try reposting articles from other websites that relate directly to your business or brand as long as hundreds of other accounts are not already sharing them. But don’t just repost popular articles; share some lesser-known gems too.
Before you post anything on Reddit, make sure you know what subreddit it should go in. Each subreddit has its own rules and guidelines. If you don’t follow these guidelines, your post may be removed or even banned from the subreddit entirely.
You can’t just post once and expect people to flock to your site – they won’t! You need to engage with other users by commenting on their posts or answering questions they may have about something related to your brand/product/service etc. and try to be responsive and helpful.
Additionally, upvote/downvote things that other people share.
Reddit users hate being spammed by marketers who only want them to buy their product or service. If they see that you’re just trying to push your agenda on them, they’ll probably downvote you so quickly that you’ll never get another chance at reaching them again.
Instead of pushing anything on people, try showing them that your interests align with theirs. Look at the trending topics for ideas about what might be interesting enough for them to click through and read more about it; this could be anything from news stories or blog posts.
AMA is a popular feature on Reddit where anyone can submit themselves for an interview. It’s a great way to promote yourself or your business because it allows you to talk directly with your audience.
If you’re doing an AMA, post it to the appropriate subreddit. For example, if you’re an entrepreneur launching a new startup, you should post your AMA to r/startups. If you’re running an eCommerce business and have a question about advertising on Facebook, try posting it on r/eCommerce.
Once you have submitted your AMA post, start promoting it on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In the end, you need to remember that marketing is more than just a way to get visitors. These tactics also help to turn visitors into repeat customers and brand ambassadors, raving fans who will make your company’s name well-known.
Getting started is often the hardest part; once you start seeing results, you’ll be motivated to keep going. With the help of this guide, you should now be able to craft an exciting, innovative Reddit marketing plan to help your business take off.
Marketing on Reddit takes time and effort to create success. Carefully consider the audience you wish to reach on Reddit and develop a strategy for your efforts. Your goal is to differentiate yourself from other advertisers and marketers.
The answer depends on several factors, including your budget and goals. But generally, the minimum amount to advertise on Reddit is $5 per day.
As the entire business paradigm is moving toward the digital age, it is important for…
Are you a law firm looking to increase your online presence? Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising may…
If you are an inexperienced SEO, it is easy to make mistakes. And if you…
After the release of Google’s own artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot, the tech giant has made…
Fostering a healthy relationship with your search engine results (SEO) services provider is critical to…
A local search engine optimization (SEO) audit is a comprehensive analysis of how a web…